Two nights ago, I began to have some major pain concentrated in the lower part of my head where the base of my skull meets my neck. A bump has appeared and it measures about the size of a half-dollar (but, the other side of my head has the same bump, so I’m not going off that). I thought it might be a headache, but when I took some Aleve and woke up with the same problem, I wondered what could be causing the pain in my nape. Well, tonight, the pain has spread and half my head is numb. I am not dizzy nor do I feel faint, but what’s a girl to do? I visited the Web MD (shh.. my regular MD will not be happy to hear about this unplanned visit where I try to diagnose my own symptoms).
After reading countless threads on the web, here are a few things that could possibly be wrong with me:
- I have Paget’s Disease with some minor bone deformation causing my head to be abnormally sized (maybe those hats will come in use after all)
- I have infected lymph nodes
- My first guess was a tumor, but Andy assured me that bumps like that don’t grow in a day
- I could have a pinched nerve
- I am overstressed and the tension is concentrating in that part of my body
I am off to combat the pain with some rest and relaxation and am calling the real life doctor tomorrow. Wish me luck.